Re: gtkmm 3.24 or new API in gtkmm 3.22?

On Fri, 2017-04-14 at 18:56 +0100, Daniel Boles wrote:
My next thought was that I have several, perhaps more, such patches
for glibmm too - which as of now were only allowed into master. If
patches like this were allowed in gtkmm (and I'll soon know the
answer!), to me it would make sense if glibmm made the same
allowance.

I have most of these patches tagged on Bugzilla with the API tag, if
that helps. I probably missed one or two, though.

We have not released glibmm 2.52.0 yet (a version of glibmm-2.24). It's
still unstable - the latest release is 2.51.6. Theoretically it should
have been released already, but we didn't do that due to the GTK+4
confusion. We should release 2.52.0 fairly soon, I guess.
https://git.gnome.org/browse/glibmm/log/?h=glibmm-2-52

Now would be the right time to add or deprecate API in glibmm-2.24,
before we make that stable release. However, we cannot break ABI.