Re: Compiling and options

Russel: Just reorder arguments in your makefile such that your own compiler options come after pkg-config's ones. Any later value for a givenĀ option overrides theĀ earlier one.

Murray: I had to do exactly this to use -std=c++14 on Debian testing, so yes, it does happen 'in the wild'. Do you mean that 'plain' gtkmm does not enforce any -std? I thought C++11 was required for gtkmm, but do you normally require users to add that manually in their own place?