Re: Using C++11

On Tue, 2015-06-30 at 17:18 +0200, Kjell Ahlstedt wrote:
There are lots of ABI breaks that we'd like to do: Remove
no_default_handler in many _WRAP_SIGNAL(), add new data members to
Glib::ObjectBase, Glib::Source, xmlpp:Parser and probably other
classes, rename the sigc::nil struct, etc. Just search for TODO
comments.

But can we synchronize an ABI break in gtkmm and friends with the ABI
break that distros introduce when they change the default value of
_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11 from 0 to 1? That ABI break will probably occur at
different times in different distros, perhaps with different versions
of gtk+/gtkmm.

It looks like it's going to happen at almost the same time for almost
all distros. So it looks like now is the time.