Re: Wrap multiple repositories in one repository

On Tue, 2015-07-21 at 13:00 +0200, Marcin Kolny wrote:
> Hi,
> As far as you probably know, gstreamermm wrapper currently wraps
> repositories gstreamer and gst-plugins-base.

Probably because you can't do much without -base.
Not really, "average developer" usually uses data structures defined in gstreamer repository (gst-plugins-base is useful if you want to write your own plugins), that's why I'm wondering why gstreamermm contains gst-plugins-base wrappers.

>  I want to wrap more repositories (gst-plugins-good, gst-plugins-bad
> etc.). As gst-plugins-base is wrapped in gstreamermm repository, I'd
> wrap the other repos in the same repository. However, I found
> somewhere on the internet, that long time ago existed repository
> gstreamermm-plugins-good, which probably was a wrapper for
> gst-plugins-good repository.
> Now I'm confused, what should I do:
>  - create new repositories (gstreamermm-plugins-good,
> gstreamermm-plugins-bad), and move gst-plugins-base wrapper from
> gstreamermm to gstreamermm-plugins-base
>  - wrap everything in one repository (gstreamermm).
> I was looking for any rules, but I didn't find anything.
> I'd like to ask more experienced mm-developers for help make a good

Is there any reason not to just update those existing repositories?
The modularity exists in the C API for good reasons, so I guess it
should exist in the C++ API.
The only advantage of keeping everything in one repository is easier maintenance. Ah, and the second reason - gst-plugins-base wrapper is already there.

Best regards,
Marcin Kolny