Re: combo box in dialog did not work, not mouse selctable, lots of Gdk-CRITICAL messages on console output

Am 18.02.2015 um 19:40 schrieb Klaus Rudolph:
Good hint! I run under kde environment. With a gnome desktop it works as expected :-) But is there a way to
fix this problem so that the program runs under other desktops/wm also? I run on a fedora 21 with quite new
gnome and kde installed. It is no problem to switch there between gnome and kde but other users have maybe
only kde or some other desktop/wm. Any idea how to dig in the details of that problem?

I don't know what exactly causes this problem in your kde environment,
so I can't tell you how to fix it. I run i3-wm myself, it was no problem
there. You could start a different Gtk+ 3 program from the command line
and see whether it outputs the same Gdk warnings, that way you could
find out if this is an application-specific problem (I doubt it).

Apart from that, I don't really know how to help you. It might be that
the way you run the dialog is not how one should do that, but I haven't
written any programs using gtkmm in some time and don't know whether I
ever did Dialogs it in a different way.

If you get the same warnings in other programs though, I think this
looks like a theme problem. I don't know why, but in my experience (from
1-2 years ago, admittedly), Gtk+ themes can really mess with Gtk+
applications, to the point where selecting a theme that is only
supported for an older Gtk+ version prevents a program from starting.

* Bear in mind that Gtk::Stock is deprecated, especially if you're
writing new code

Thanks for that hint! How can I replace that? Which is the new "modern" way to use default buttons?
In general: Is there a page of changes and deprecated functions and recommendations for the replacement?

I don't know if something like that was set up by now, but the gtk-devel
mailing list thread about this topic should hold enough information
about this specific deprecation:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2013-July/msg00000.html