Wrapping virtual method which has no pointer to himself

Hi,
I just tried to wrap get_protocols method from GstURIHandlerInterface (http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstUriHandler.html#GstURIHandlerInterface). Unfortunatelly, this method has no pointer to GstURIIHandlerInterface object. My idea is to create new object using GType parameter, and use it as `self` pointer (i implemented it here: https://git.gnome.org/browse/gstreamermm/commit/?id=aa160d4e1945ce66a088a251c07bc7f43ff4cb20). I think, it's not best way to do it, but I haven't better idea to solve this problem for now.
Maybe one of you had the same or similar problem before?
Thanks for your help

Best regards,
Marcin Kolny