Re: Strange initialization problem with Gtk::Main

On Tue, 2013-10-29 at 17:04 +0000, John Emmas wrote:
On 29/10/2013 15:59, Murray Cumming wrote:

What is the actual problem that you are seeing?

Hi Murray,

I built two programs.  The small one runs perfectly but the larger one
crashes before anything even appears on screen.

Do you see any warnings? Do you have a backtrace from your debugger?

Are you trying to instantiate a gtkmm type before gtkmm has been
initialized? For instance are you using a gtkmm type in a global static
object?

  In 'gtk/gtkmm/main.cc',
the function 'init_gtkmm_internals()' fails when it calls
'Gio::init()'.  Gio::init() calls Gio::'wrap_init()' (in
'gio/giomm/wrap_init.cc') but it fails to register all the gtkmm types
beyond line 456.

However, since my post this morning I've figured out how to use gendef.
So I can now build my libraries as DLLs, rather than static libs.  I'm
quietly hopeful that this will fix the problem.

www.openismus.com