Re:

Hello,

ComboBoxEntryText is deprecated after 2.91.1. Anyway, its source code
was deleted: https://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm/2.24/classGtk_1_1ComboBoxEntryText.html
If you open the source code of the component, you will see that the
clear_items method works with the model directly (btw, the clear
method is also deprecated :) ):

void ComboBoxEntryText::clear_items()
{
  //Ideally, we would just store the ListStore as a member variable,
but we forgot to do that and not it would break the ABI.
  Glib::RefPtr<Gtk::TreeModel> model = get_model();
  Glib::RefPtr<Gtk::ListStore> list_model =
Glib::RefPtr<ListStore>::cast_dynamic(model);

  if(list_model)
    list_model->clear();
}

You can simply get the widget's model and check its content.

Regards,
Vest