Re: destroying (by closing) a modeless GtkMessageDialog ?

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 04:20:46PM +0200, Giuseppe Penone wrote:
> Hi,
> I use a function like this:
>
> void  Centro::dialog_error(const char *display_msg)
> {
>     Gtk::MessageDialog  dialog(*mp_window, "Errore", false,
> Gtk::MESSAGE_ERROR);
>     dialog.set_secondary_text(display_msg);
>     dialog.run();
>     dialog.hide();
> }

But dialog.run() makes sense only for a *modal* dialog.
I want my dialogs to be *modeless*, and I want them to be destroyed
when the user closes or deletes them.

Actually, my GtkMM application is a probe providing the GUI interface
interacting with the GCC compiler (suitably extended by MELT,
see http://gcc-melt.org/ for more)

my dialogs are giving (lazily) a lot of information on every relevant
control location for a given GCC compilation

I want them to be destroyed (not simply hidden) when the user closes them (and to be created when a
user click on a button anchored inside a Gtk Source View buffer for the source
code compiled by GCC), because each such dialog carries a lot of luggage.

Regards