How to get the window deiconify event?

Hi,
There are methods for iconify()ing (minimizing) and deiconify()ing a window, but there are no obvious signals to get these events.
I found here[1] how to get the iconify event, but how do I get the deiconify event?

I need 4 events (window hide/show/iconified/deiconified events), to make my app smart enough to not bother repainting if it's not visible.

Hide/show detects when the window goes to/from the system tray or when it initially appears.

Iconify/deiconify (on Ubuntu) happen when the app goes to/from the left vertical bar by clicking the minimize window button and respectively by clicking its icon in the left vertical bar.