RE: extra alive window while dialog is running?

Yann:

Hm.. I thought groups are somehow handled on win32 platform, I don't know X and *nix WMs.

I just checked. Indeed I have two top-level windows (though I may reconsider it since I want some special effects particular to popup windows on win32 platform). When I have my dialog transient to one of the main windows, I have the dialog centered over my window, but the window is still inaccessible :( That is what I've tried.

void MainWindow::OnCursorSettings() {
	ghost = new GhostWindow();
	cursor.set_transient_for(*ghost);
	ghost->show();
	int res = cursor.run();
}

I do want dialog to block MainWindow only, not the ghost one.

I assume you meant the opposite to have a main window transient for dialog.

void MainWindow::OnCursorSettings() {
	ghost = new GhostWindow();
	set_transient_for(cursor);
	ghost->show();
	cursor.show();
}

This froze my application. Also it seems awkward if dialog is not modal and I cannot get result in a usual way.

Any other suggestions? I was thinking about Gtk::Main::iteration . But it is a static function. I'm not sure how two different loops (in case of a dialog) coexist.

Mikhail