minimum libraries need to install on a gnome-less ubuntu

Hi,

I am just wondering is it possible to run Gtk application without Gnome UI installed. If it is possible could you please list what are the libraries i need to install.

The reason for this is that  I could not get the GTK::table of 7x8 size to change the label of 20 buttons in it fast enough for my application. Therefore I would want to test my application with just the minimum necessary tools to run GTK.

P.S the Ohnotation of get to those 20 buttons are O(1) so there problem is not when Im traversing the GTK::Table.

Thank-you time and looking forward for your replies.

Cheers,

Kiet Tran