Re: Gio::DBus::Connection::emit_signal issue

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 22:46:57 +0300
Aurimas Černius <aurisc4 gmail com> wrote:
> I have issues with Gio::DBus::Connection::emit_signal.
> When I call it this way:
> connection->emit_signal(OBJECT_PATH, INTERFACE_NAME, "Click");
>
> It doesn't do anything, except priting to conlose
> (server:23353): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_emit_signal:
> assertion `destination_bus_name == NULL || g_dbus_is_name
> (destination_bus_name)' failed
>

> If I replace the line with
> g_dbus_connection_emit_signal(connection->gobj(), NULL, OBJECT_PATH,
> INTERFACE_NAME, "Click", NULL, NULL);
>
> everything work fine.
>
> Am I misunderstanding something, or is it a bug?

My guess is that you have found a bug in the wrapper, possibly arising
from the way the wrapper deals with a null ("all stations") destination
argument. At a guess, maybe it is passing the C function a string of no
size rather than a NULL pointer in this case.  I am not sure there are
sufficient users to give the wrappers a decent testing, and this is a
particularly obscure part of the GDBus API.

If you can, look at the wrapper code for this function and see if that
is indeed the problem, and in either event file a bug.

Chris