Re: hilghlighting

Robert Pearce wrote:

> On Tue, 11 May 2010 22:27:13 +0200
> deloptes <deloptes yahoo com> wrote:
>
>> > What about systems not using UTF-8?  Windows systems?
>>
>> all windows systems are utf (or  better say UCS)
>> windows became utf even before linux did - did you know?
>
> But Windows explicitly did NOT adopt UTF-8 - its "UCS" which is a
> completely different and much less compatible method. It makes life a
> pain, whereas UTF-8 is designed to make transition easy.

Windows developed UCS earlier or in parallell to UTF. I think the linux
community was a bit too late to introduce utf or whatever, so you think the
MinGW string issue is because of UCS - I'm not sure?
AFAIK UTF is made compatible to UCS (in some way)
But back to the original question. why shouldn't be string in MinGW the same
as string in linux?

regards