Re: gtkmm 3.0.

As a compromise between those two suggestions, I'd rather see
Gtk::Button, the way it is now, but would have added
typedef Glib::RefPtr<Gtk::Button> Gtk::ButtonPtr;
And so on for all the widgets/objects. This would make it both
comfortable and explicit, and would reduce the number of keystrokes.
Anyway uniformity and consistency is important, as it enables, you to
write a working code in a more intuitive way.