Gnome::Gda::DataSelect & Gnome::Gda::DataModel

I am getting a compile time error when trying to pass a
Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Gda::DataSelect> to a function accepting
Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Gda::DataModel> &. It complains about a mismatch
in the types. Since DataSelect is an implementation of DataModel, I am
confused.

A bit of background:

I need to invoke the compute_modification_statements method on the
pointer returned from statement_execute_select. So I have used
Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Gda::DataSelect>::cast_dynamic on the DataModelPtr
and stored it as a DataSelectPtr. However I am unable to pass this
later as a DataModelPtr to methods.

Am I doing something wrong? I discussed this with Siavash on IRC, but
could not figure out much.

Thanks,
Debarshi
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.