Re: Mixing GTK+ signal with GTKmm

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 17:36 -0200, Paulo Flabiano Smorigo wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a GTKmm application and since last week it's using a c library.
> I want to create a custom signal in this c library so when an event
> occurs in this library, my application knows.

Is the C library a Gtk+/gobject-based library?  Glib signals can only be
used with GObjects.

> How do I implement a signal in this library and link it to a callback
> in my gtkmm application?

A signal is registered for a GObject using g_signal_new():
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/unstable/gobject-Signals.html#g-signal-new

I recommend reading some existing C Gtk+/Glib projects to see exactly
how this is done.  Google's code search is often helpful to find
examples of how a certain function is used in other projects:
http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=en&lr=&q=g_signal_new&sbtn=Search