Re: Is there any problem to create C++ classes from C (Gtk::Window, etc) ?

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 18:56:02 +0100
Germán Diago <germandiago gmail com> wrote:
> I'm trying to (but I don't know if it's possible) to make polymorphic
> c++ objects usable from
> GObject in C.

If you mean that you want to access polymorphic c++ objects in C code
(that is, access them when actually programming in the C language) then
no. You would have to use GObject polymorphism throughout to do that,
which is entirely implemented in C.

But I am not sure that you do mean that as you can of course program
GObject code in C++ as well as C, and if you are programming in C++
then you can extract your polymorphic object in the way I have
mentioned.  Thus if you wrote your implementation of g_object_new()
typed for your custom POD GObject (you can give any struct its own
GObject type with G_DEFINE_TYPE), you could (unbeknowst to GObject)
have a c++ polymorphic object standing behind it. At the end of the
day, you can cast to anything.

I have no idea how that interacts with glade I am afraid.  Quite
probably it doesn't, in which case you can't do what you want.

Chris