Re: what's the best IDE for gtkmm project development?

> especially the autocompletion, maybe as good as programming C# in
> visual studio.net 2008 :)

KDevelop4 is something I'm really looking forward to.

Just check this out (this sure looks like a C++ language frontend implementation I think):
http://zwabel.wordpress.com/2008/12/18/c-template-support-in-kdevelop4-another-milestone/

Other interesting stuff:
http://zwabel.wordpress.com/2009/01/08/c-ide-evolution-from-syntax-highlighting-to-semantic-highlighting/
http://zwabel.wordpress.com/2009/02/04/automatic-include-directives-and-forward-declarations/
http://zwabel.wordpress.com/2009/03/06/typedefs-in-templates-and-code-completion/
http://zwabel.wordpress.com/2009/03/13/really-rapid-c-development-with-kdevelop4/

The only issues for me so far are:
1. No autoconf support yet (I think), although a separate module seems
to be in development.
2. It's visually unappealing (read: ugly), but maybe that's just the default
KDE theme which spoils the picture.

Alexander