Re: How to wrap a signal by hand?

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 19:47 +0400, Vlad Volodin wrote:
> Hello, Krzesimir Nowak
>
> Why don't you simple wrap it into the function with the same
> prototype, as declared in documentation, and later create the object
> Glib::ustring with your content and pass it as a variable to
> Gnome::Vte::Terminal(...)
>
> Regards,
> Vlad Volodin

Hi,

let me rephrase a part of my question, because in haste I messed there a
lot:

I have a C signal, which's handler prototype looks like this:

void commit(VteTerminal* terminal, gchar* str, guint length);

I wanted to wrap it into something like that:

Glib::SignalProxy1<void, const Glib::ustring&>
Gnome::Vte::Terminal::signal_commit(const Glib::ustring& str);
(or maybe std::string).

So in C++ I could use this prototype as a signal handler:
void commit(const Glib::ustring& str);

Krzesimir Nowak