Re: [glibmm] Byte order macros from GLib missing in glibmm

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Tomasz Jankowski <tomcioj gmail com> wrote:
Hello!

I'm new to gtkmm/glibmm, but I don' understand why glibmm desn't cover whole glib API. I'm unable to find byte order macros provided by glib. Why you haven't implemented them?

why would glibmm reimplement byte order macros? they will be available as-is. the only possible argument i can see is that inline functions are better than macros - even if people agree with this, its not clear that its a good idea to wrap macros *intended* for use by a developer in another layer, let along reimplement them.