Re: libgdamm branching and releasing

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 20:25 +0200, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I had some thoughts about the libgdamm release and branching policies
> and I think they are not good. We really need to make a stable libgdamm
> 4.0 release any time soon to attract people that want to access
> databases from C++ and to be able to maintain a stable 4.0 branch. I
> think the 4.0 series has now been stable for quite a while

The 4.0 series (of libgda and libgdamm) has hardly been used at all, so
there has been little feedback, which is why there have not been many
changes.

That's why some quite major changes (and new API) have recently been
added to libgda 4.0 to deal with case sensitivity issues.

I fear freezing an API that might be in use for a long time. If I knew
that there would be a parallel-installable libgda 5.0 then I would be
less fearful. But we could do a parallel-installable libgdamm 4.x even
without that, I suppose.

> Currently master already depends on libgda 4.1.x

It does? How?

www.openismus.com