Re: Weird exceptions policy in glibmm/giomm

Am Freitag, den 03.07.2009, 22:48 +0200 schrieb Daniel Elstner:

> > As I see there is no exceptions policy for whole project. Some
> > functions handle exceptions only by returning bool value (example:
> > Glib::file_test ()).and other return both bool and throw exceptions
> > (Glib::KeyFile::load_from_file ()).
>
> That's an API bug, but fortunately mostly harmless.  Just ignore the
> return value, it will always be true when the function actually returns.

Ooops, I just noticed that this is potentially misleading. let me
clarify:

Glib::file_test() doesn't have any exceptional conditions.  The bool
return value is the only result.

When I say it's an API bug, I'm referring to those functions which
appear to do both.

--Daniel