Re: Wheelbarrow example with Gtkmm on DirectFB

José,
Thanks for the effort and digging deeper into this. I had actually seen that mail and I use that technique for my webkit application. Unfortunately, it doesn't help me in the current situation. In the situation he describes, the window originally comes up with a white background until he resets it to transparent. His technique gets around the flashing interval.

In my case, however, I don't seem to be able to get to ever having a transparent background - as demonstrated with the wheelbarrow example, so playing with opacity doesn't arise. I think your original suggestion of playing with styles, etc., has the most promise and I will pursue that. I was hoping that someone outside the webkit crew had solved this problem and could save me the effort. I wish I knew who solved the problem in webkit, but I couldn't figure it out from the SVN stuff.

Cheers,
    ---AK