Re: Static compilation of an application

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 11:47 -0300, Paulo Flabiano Smorigo wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I don't know if I'm zoning out but it's possible to compile a gtkmm
> based application that don't need the gtkmm libraries, like a static
> compilation?

strictly speaking, its not impossible.
practically speaking, give up now. GTK (not gtkmm) makes heavy use of
dynamically loaded libraries, as does Pango. just put all the libs you
need in an app-specific dir at install time, and make sure the app can
find them. or assume or require that they are pre-installed in some
known location.

--p