Re: GTKmm Windows - Glibmm KeyFile Problem

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 17:09 -0500, John Hobbs wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just started working with Gtkmm on Windows a few days ago, and I
> can't get Glib::Keyfile to work properly.
>
> If the KeyFile doesn't exist, I want to start a config screen and make
> one.  Problem is, I can't catch anything from load_from_file, it just
> seems to blow up.
>
> I found a related item, but it doesn't look like it ever resolved:
> http://www.nabble.com/Glib::KeyFile-bug--td18043898.html
>
> The Doc's say  "If the file could not be loaded then a FileError or
> KeyFileError exception is thrown."
>
> But there doesn't seem to be anything to catch. Anyone have something
> I'm missing?
>
> Below is my build/run output and the source of my test file.
> MSYS/MinGW.

> jmhobbs SETHER ~/w32-light/src
> $ g++ -Wall -o example example.cpp `pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --libs
> --cflags`
>
> jmhobbs SETHER ~/w32-light/src
> $ ./example.exe
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> unusual way.
>
> jmhobbs SETHER ~/w32-light/src
> $

This is the output for me:

Armin HALLWA ~/test
$ ./test.exe
Caught FileError

which is what I'd expect.

What compiler version are you compiling your code with? Maybe there are
ABI incompatibilities between different MinGW compilers. And, just to be
sure, what gtkmm version are you using?

I'm using "gcc version 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)" which I also used
for building the MinGW binaries in the 2.14 installer.

Armin