Re: What am I doing wrong?

Jamiil said the following:
Well, yes, there are many differences between your compiler/linker command line, but what am I supposed to do with that? You see, since I did not write the 'installer', all I can do is to go by the book, I do what the darn book says is to extract the compiler and linker parameters copy them into the IDE and click on compile, this is what I did with the previous versions of 'gtkmm-installer', why is it that now it does not work? I am not interested in what some-one's pkg-config says, all I am interested in is what my pkg-config spits at me and then plug it to the IDE, click on 'compile' and away we go. I am not saying that you advice is wrong, what I am saying is that the 'installer' is not working for me, and what I am asking is what I can do at my end to resolve the problem.

TIA

Okay. I'll try to simplify: Your linker is crashing from the `-lfontconfig' flag. The `-lfontconfig' flag comes from a `pkg-config --libs <library>' command (unless you include it some other way as Armin said in his answer). In your original post, the libs show that there is no `-lfontconfig' so as Armin already said, this seems like a problem with your configuration and not the installer (in other words, if `pkg-config --libs gtkmm-2.4' does not include a `-lfontconfig' it is not the installer that is causing your problem). I know it's frustrating, but if you want to solve your problem you need to investigate. This is what programming is about. It may be difficult, but sometimes it's the configuration we are using and not the installer itself. I've helped as much as I can. The rest is really up to you, I think. I hope this helps. Good luck. :-)

--
José Alburquerque
jaalburquerque cox net