Re: FileChooserDialog and response signal

At Tue, 27 May 2008 23:34:45 +0200,
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 18:48 +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > I don't know a way to squeeze a signal handler before its own
> >   handler.  See gtkfilechooserdialog.c:
>
> connect_notify() can do this,
> or you can just call connect() with false for the optional extra
> parameter:

This does not appear to be the case.  The signal handler does not only
need to run before the default handler, but even before the signal
handler connected by the FileChooserDialog implementation.  Again, see
the cited comment in the Gtk+2 source file. GtkFileChooserDialog does
not override the default signal handler, but connects to it like a
user explicitely to run before anything else.

I tried your suggestion and as to be expected, the signal handler
connected later is also run later, irregardless of the argument to
connect.

Thanks,
Marcus