Re: ANNOUNCE: cluttermm 0.5.1. hello world here

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 22:54 +0200, Martin (OPENGeoMap) wrote:

> I need GTS library (Gobject) and i would know if it´s difficult create
> C++ bindings or use C API can be anough here??
> http://gts.sourceforge.net/reference/book1.html

You can always use C API when there is no C++ version.

> It´s seems like before GTKMM developer Guillaume Laurent nowadays hates
> GTK  or he have good reasons to not defend GTKMM anymore???.

Long time ago, things have evolved, He is entitled to his own opinion.

> Guillaume Laurent talks about the problems in use a stack object:
>    1.  From the stack : Gtk::Button foo("press me");
>    2. From the heap : Gtk::Button *foo = new Gtk::Button("press me");
> , but i see many advantages in use stack widgets because we can build
> new widgets in a easy way like GTK# or ruby/gnome.

Gtkmm allow both.
Gtk::manage() is here to ensure proper ownership of the object (similar
to Gtk's) when pointer are used. This is all documented.

Hub