Re: How to use a signal

Jamiil Abduqadir wrote:
Yes, you are absolutely right, prototype for this method to work is
bool on_my_focus_out_event(/*GdkEventFocus* event*/)
Now, the only question I have is, what is the parameter I should pass to this method?
Thanks in advance

In reality, all you need to do is make sure you've declared the method correctly. Once you've connected your signal, each time the widget looses focus (focus out), your method will be called. The event parameter allows you to examine the event that caused your method to be called. For an explanation of what a GdkEventFocus is, see:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-Event-Structures.html#GdkEventFocus

Once your method is called with the event parameter by the signaling system, you can examine the details of the event in your method.

--
Happiness has many doors, and when one of them closes another opens, yet we spent so much time looking at the one that is shut that we don't see the one that just opened.

--
José Alburquerque
jaalburquerque cox net

The path to real wisdom begins with a deep loving respect for the ever living God (Prov. 1:7)