Re: visible white flash when redrawing a drawingarea

Dear Chris,

2008/6/30 Chris Wilson <christopher dot g dot wilson at gmail dot com>:
> I had this problem a while ago. While the details are a little foggy (wasn't
> documenting changes as well as I should have, I've gotten better). Instead
> of calling the on_expose_event, try just invalidating that area.

Thank you for the hint. This indeed solves the problem for me.

It still puzzles me that such a solution is necessary for such a
simple problem. How could a gtk-newbie ever find this solution on his
own..... very strange really.... makes me wonder if something like Qt
would be more usable.

All the best,
Chris