Re: libglademm and disappearing button icons

Hi Murray,

   I am using my application to control a machine that is marketed around
the world.  I appreciate what you are saying, as there are doubtless other
methods of supporting multiple languages in the gui.  However, what I am
doing (loading language texts from XML files) is part of a larger scheme
that includes loading menu structures dynamically to initialise treeview
structures that support all my menus.  These menus will be subject to change
as the systems is developed and is selectively populated in the treeview
according to user privilege and must also be of selectable language.

   Moreover, I also need to dynamically change the function and thus the
text and icons of buttons according to the context of a state machine that
tracks the state of the machine I am controlling.

  I am designing the form in glade and thus the initial text of the button
and the icon selection is set there.  I need to be able to access thoses
wettings and change them.

Thanks for your contribution

John