Gtk::Entry Input Signalisation

Hi,

i currently trying to update some parameters when some input on a text
entry field was done. I'm using signal_insert_at_cursor() to connect
some handler to it, but there isn't any indication (the callback
function is never called).

The Code:

   Gtk::Entry* l_mouseScaleX_pgtkentry;
   refXml->get_widget( "g_mouseScaleX_gentry",
                       l_mouseScaleX_pgtkentry
                     );
   if( l_mouseScaleX_pgtkentry != 0 )
   {

     std::cout << "Hiho" << std::endl;
     l_mouseScaleX_pgtkentry->signal_insert_at_cursor().
       connect( sigc::ptr_fun( &on_mouseScaleXInsertAtCursor ) );
   }

void on_mouseScaleXInsertAtCursor(
       const Glib::ustring& f_insertedString_str
     )
{
  std::cout << "ScaleX: " << f_insertedString_str << std::endl;
}

Whats wrong? Why I get no indication? Is there another way to get
information about text changes in a text entry field?

Best regards,

Mario