Re: Embed movie player using mplayer - How to execute mplayer (fork?)

Hi Jens,

I saw this method but I couldn't found any example of use... I'm trying to implement using the api but it's hard to do so...

Anyone here have and example of  a "Spawning Processes" use?

Thanks!
P.F.Smorigo

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 10:47, Jens Georg <mail jensge org> wrote:

> How can I execute mplayer in my program? I tried using fork but didn't
> work...
> When I create a graphic app I need a different aproach?
> And to be more complicated I need a solution that works on linux and
> windows... :'(

Glib provides an abstraction layer above the various OS process spawning
methods, have a look at

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/glibmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/group__Spawn.html