Re: glibmm-2.16.4 compile error

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:17:10 +0200
Andreas Haumer <andreas xss co at> wrote:
> Removing "examples" from the directory list is not enough:
> the same problem occurs in the "tests" directory:
[snip]
> Removing both "examples" and "tests" directory leads to
> a successful build, but leaves me a little bit nervous
> about future problems I might get with glibmm...

I am beginning to think it is a gcc/libstdc++ bug, and as a cludge you
could try adding this in glibmmconfig.h - it may or may not work,
depending on why the problem has arisen in the first place:

inline void assign(unsigned char& a, const unsigned char& b) {
	a = b;
}

The best thing is to upgrade your compiler, although gcc-3.3 has a
different C++ ABI from gcc-3.4/gcc-4 so you will need to recompile all
your C++ libraries/programmes.  The C ABI is unchanged so you are OK
with glibc and other C libraries.

Chris