Re: Crash in Glib::Object::~Object()

klaus triendl schrieb:
I'm on Windows using a self-compiled gtkmm with MSVC 2008.

When defining derivatives from Glib::Object, I experience a crash upon destruction, even for simple cases as:

class Foo : public Glib::Object
{
public:
	Foo() :
		Glib::ObjectBase(typeid(Foo)),
		Glib::Object()
	{}

		virtual ~Foo() {};
};

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
   Gtk::Main kit(argc, argv);

   Foo *f = new Foo();

   delete f;
}

According to the MSVC debugger, the Glib::ObjectBase pointer seems bogus. Has anyone experienced such behaviour before? The sample programs I tried seemd to work fine...

I experienced a heap debug assertion when ending a gtkmm program already months ago but didn't investigate further...
Do you also get such a heap debug assertion?

No, it is a plain access violation, I do not get to the end of the program actually, it crashes within delete:

Unhandled exception at 0x005b6d69 (glibmm-2.4d.dll) in EasyBurn.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x001c070c.