make does not work within the directories of examples

Hello,

I am interested to program a GUI for the prototype of a machine I develop as an inventor. I have programmed the control routines already in C++ using g++ for compiling. Now I am about to have a look on gtkmm in order to figure out if it is easy to use programming the GUI.

As recommended in the tutorial "Programming with gtkmm" in "chapter 3-Basics/Headers and Linking" I looked for the directory of an example I am interested in (for example radiobuttons) and typed "make".

But make tells me that the steering file (translation form the error-message in German "Keine Targets angegeben und keine >>make<<-Steuerdatei gefunden.") is missing. So I assume that the problem is that there is no makefile in this directory.

I tried several hours with automake/autoconf and had a insight look on the recommended link "Openismus has more basic help with automake and autoconf" at the bottom of the chapter. But I could not achieve a working makefile.

I also checked the FAQ supplied with the package.

Please could you supply an easy recipe in order to get started better with your examples on the basis of automake and autoconf?

Perhaps you could also include it in your tutorial, which is in other aspects very easy to understand.

Thanks

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Rüger Ingenieurbüro