toggle button in TreeView not editable - appended with append_column_editable

Hi,

I am more or less using the TreeView example from the gtkmm book:
Figure 8.5. TreeView - Editable Cells

For some reason my toggle button in the Treeview is not editable (it doesn't
check when I click on it, but it is not greyed out). The string (userid in
the code below) actually is editable.

Is there anything special that I need to do to get an editable toggle button
in the treeview other than adding it with append_column_editable?

class ModelColumns : public TreeModel::ColumnRecord
TreeModelColumn<bool> active;
TreeModelColumn<Glib::ustring> userid;

ModelColumns model_colums;

sub1_treeview1->append_column_editable("Active", model_colums.active);
sub1_treeview1->append_column_editable("User ID", model_colums.userid);

many thanks

Chris

http://www.acurana.de/