Gtk::Container and iterators

Is there a way to use some kind of iterators with the gtk containers (such as
Gtk::Menu) in order to go through all the Gtk::MenuItem's in it?

Btw, Gtk::Menu is just an example. It could be any other class deriving from
Gtk::Container.

I saw in the on-line doc that I could go through all the elements with
Gtk::Container::foreach() but I have no idea how. I am unable to find a
single example on the Internet about how to use it together with
Gtk::Container::ForeachSlot. I would really appreciate if someone could show
me an example.

Also I suspect that I can't use the foreach() method to remove and delete
(i.e. deallocate) the elements inside the container while I am browsing
through. (I might be wrong on this one?) That is why I am looking for some
sort of iterators.

Thanks in advance.