Re: Troubles building gtkmm

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 09:45 -0400, Peter L. Berghold wrote:
gtkmm 2.2 is very old. Do you have a good reason for not using a newer
version, ideally one that is packaged for Red Hat or Fedora?

Good grief!  I thought I had downloaded the latest/greatest! Do you have
a link to the latest version? (What is the latest version?)

gtkmm 2.12 is the latest stable version:

But again, I strongly recommend that you use official Red Hat (or maybe
Fedora, if that's possible with RHEL) packages. And request them from
Red Hat if there aren't any. You are paying for support so you might as
well use it.

gtkmm is not officially part of RHEL, but the EPEL project provides gtkmm packages for RHEL-4, but not yet RHEL-5. See

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

For gtkmm, you should have no problem recompiling the source RPMs from Fedora 6 or 7. I recommend using the gtkmm (and al.) versions that match the gtk2 (and al.) versions currently shipped with RHEL-5 :

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Everything/source/SRPMS/glibmm24-2.12.8-1.fc7.src.rpm
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Everything/source/SRPMS/gtkmm24-2.10.9-1.fc7.src.rpm