Feature request: GType name without "gtkmm__CustomObject_"

Hi

I'm still working on glade integration for gtkmm custom widgets (at a
very low pace :-/)

One issue that was raised on the glade-devel mailing list was the type
name of gtkmm derived widgets: When deriving from a Gtk::Widget -
derived type and calling Glib::ObjectBase(const char *custom_type_name)
in its constructor, a new GType gets registered with its name set to
"gtkmm__CustomObject_" + custom_type_name. (see class.cc (from glibmm)
line 58ff.)

I suppose this was introduced to avoid name clashes. Now, it was
suggested to find a possibility to avoid this name expansion, because it
makes the respective glade catalog less easy to read (the wigdet's
identifier in the catalog has to be the same as the GType's name).

So the question is: would it be likely for a patch introducing this
behaviour to be accepted? How should this be accomplished? I could
imagine an additional flag for Glib::ObjectBase or Glib::Class, or doing
the name expansion directly in Glib::ObjectBase(const char *) and adding
another c'tor that doesn't expand the name.

If this would be accepted, i'd be glad to submit a patch.

Gretings,
  -- o
--
Oliver Nittka