Re: How to simulate window close button (what I'm really trying to do...)

Paul Davis wrote:
On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 13:17 +0100, Toralf Lund wrote:

Yeah, I know, but like I said, it's always bugged me that I have to do something like this. It seems to me there ought to be a simple and direct way of saying "this button should delete the window", and/or "do a window delete now"...

what are the semantics of either of these operations?
The "do a window delete now" would have the same semantics as the WM_DELETE_WINDOW message from the Window manager (in the X11 implementation.) Or not the message itself, but whatever Gtk/Gdk does when such a message is received.

"This button should delete the window" represents some way of telling Gtk do perform the above mentioned operation when a button is clicked.

- Toralf