Re: Fancy GUI

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 16:27 +0000, Gareth Foster wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> What's my best bet for creating something like the following ...
>
> http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul06/images/focusritesaffiresoft_l.jpg
>
> I'm literally thinking of chopping up that bitmap to make a UI. I've
> seen mention on planet.gnome.org of toolkits designed for this sort of
> work floating around Gnome land I'm sure, but if GTKmm can do this
> sort of job, its my preference because its nice.

gtkmm can do it, but there are very few widgets that will actually be
useful to yo. most makers of these audio-h/w related GUIs actually just
use OpenGL on top of whatever backend a platform has, and they just
render images using GL.

you could do the same with GL, though good luck finding any coherent way
to use GL inside GTK at this point in time. you could also just use a
Gtk::DrawingArea and draw pixbufs into it.

--p