Drag boxes?

-Hello,

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I have another question on “drag boxes”.

On the desktop one can click and hold the left mouse button, then drag it across the screen, and a drag box appears.  Anything within the box then becomes “selected.”

On the windows and widgets that I’ve created in gtkmm, there is no “drag box.”  I can log mouse click events, and whether or not something has been crossed; however, I do not get a “drag box.”

Is there a built in way in gtkmm to do a “drag box.”  And if there is no built in way, has anyone ever tried to implement a “drag box”?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron Geier