Re: libgoocanvasmm

Yeah, my conversions are all sorts of wonky.

I'm trying to follow examples in gtkmm and libgdamm but its getting confusing. I'm making some headway though.

If goocanvas has types that are only listed in a private header, yet are the types of properties, isn't that a bug of somesort?  Or at least not right...

http://gooey.ecn.uiowa.edu/goocanvas/GooCanvasItemSimple.html#id2706330

Anything in the properties list that has GooCairo* as the type only exists in goocanvasprivate.h

So none of the information go listed in *_methods.defs where the other types got listed like they were supposed to.

If so, I'll patch goocanvas and submit it.

Paul

On 9/27/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
[snip]
> Anyway, the method create_view.  Its giving me problems.  Any ideas would
> be
> appreciated.
>
> Wrapped as:
>
>  _WRAP_VFUNC(Glib::RefPtr<ItemView> create_view( Glib::RefPtr<View>
> canvas_view, Glib::RefPtr<ItemView> parent_view ), create_view)

Remember to pass RefPtrs by const reference, by the way.

[snip]
> The error is:
>
> item.cc: In static member function 'static GooCanvasItemView*
> GooCanvas::Item_Class::create_view_vfunc_callback(GooCanvasItem*,
> GooCanvasView*, GooCanvasItemView*)':
> item.cc:221: error: no matching function for call to
> 'GooCanvas::Item::create_view_vfunc(GooCanvas::View*,
> Glib::RefPtr<GooCanvas::ItemView>)'
> ../../libgoocanvas/libgoocanvasmm/item.h:246: note: candidates are:
> virtual
> Glib::RefPtr<GooCanvas::ItemView>
> GooCanvas::Item::create_view_vfunc(Glib::RefPtr<GooCanvas::View>,
> Glib::RefPtr<GooCanvas::ItemView>)
>

> But, AFAIK, Glib::wrap(canvas_view) should return the Glib::RefPtr<View>

Yes. Maybe it has something to do with the lack of const reference.

www.openismus.com