Re: ScrolledWindow::remove() problem

On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 06:22 +0000, Sebasti�E.Peyrott wrote:
[snip]
> Whenever the app calls ScrolledWindow::remove() under
> Windows (XP, gtk/gtkmm 2.8), it crashes. This behaviour is not seen
> under
> Linux. The contained widgets are Gtk::Layouts, and none of them are
> managed.
> The only difference between the Linux build and the Windows build are
> the
> headers and libraries used to build the executable. For Linux I'm
> using
> gtk/gtkmm-2.8, while for Windows, gtk/gtkmm-2.6
[snip]

There was a bug in gtkmm 2.6 that caused managed child widgets to be
destroyed when remove()ed from their parents. You could #ifdef for 2.6
and add the necessary extra child.reference() to work around that bug.
Just make sure that you don't do the extra reference with 2.8.

But it would be better to upgrade to gtkmm 2.8 or 2.10 for all
platforms.

www.openismus.com