Re: glade-3 integration for gtkmm-widgets (was: Reverse-wrapping gtkmm widgets to gtk+ (for glade3))

On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 19:12 +0100, Oliver Nittka wrote:
> however, glade still does not correctly apply property values when

If would seem that Glade3 does not use the glade_register_widget
function. It constructs the widgets by itself, not using the libglade
functionality.

The only option that we have on the Glade3 side is the postcreate
function, but if I'm correct it is called after the C structs are
created and thus are the properties overwritten later on by the C++
constructor.

(not yet tested this:...)
In the _postcreate(GObject *object, int reason) function, could we first
save the properties of the Gtk+ widget, before creating a wrapper around
it? After creation of the wrap we could re-apply the properties...

Brgds,
  Alexander Brinkman.