Re: Reverse-wrapping gtkmm widgets to gtk+ (for glade3)

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 20:54 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > However, perhaps someone familiar with Glib::Property's knows why the
> > property isn't set the normal way. I mean: Glade3 seems to supports the
> > property directly, and even libglade knows whether the gtkmm widget has
> > the named property (because else libglade starts complaining that the
> > property does not exist).
>
> Yes, that should work. I guess it needs someone to look at the Glade
> source and see what's happening. For instance, to find out why the
> property is not saved in the .glade XML.

If you mean that the property doesn't show up in the .glade file: it
does. If you fire up glade3, add the custom widget to it and save the
file the custom property is there, and with the correct value.

However when loading the file at runtime with libglade the property
isn't set. The widget is instantiated, the property is there, but the
value is not set to what is in the .glade file. This is where the
glade_register_custom_prop function comes in: it calls a custom function
whenever the given GType/property name is found.

Brgds,
  Alexander Brinkman.