Re: gtkmm Hello World compile problem

Thanks very much, that did it!  If you couldn't tell I've just switched over to Linux and haven't learned all the cool stuff yet.  Thanks about apt-cache search, I never knew about that before.  I was looking through aptitude which is why I couldn't find anything.

Thanks again,
-Zach

On 12/30/06, jcspray icculus org <jcspray icculus org > wrote:
Quoting Zachary Berry <zachberry gmail com >:
> I didn't see the option in the repositories to get it so I compiled both
> from source.  Are there certain versions of the GTK+ that won't match with
> gtkmm?  I just grabbed the latest versions of all the files.

Both are indeed in the repositories, I think called things like
libgtk2.0 and libgtkmm-2.4 (with appropriate -dev endings).
"apt-cache search libgtk" is your friend.

Given the errors you're seeing I'm not convinced you really have the
latest versions, although if you do I guess it's possible that you
left off the printing component in GTK when you compiled it.

Anyway, it's probably easier to get rid of the hand-compiled versions
and work from packages.

Cheers,
John