Victor

From: tdz users sourceforge net
To: gtkglext-list gnome org
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:51:53 +0100
CC: stbru teksavvy com; rcgnome freenet de; braden endoframe com
Subject: [GtkGLExt] Upstreaming GTK+-3 port

Hi maintainers of gtkglext!

I'm interested in getting my port of gtkglext to GTK+ 3 into the
upstream repository. It's not finished, but works. I'm mostly done with
breaking things, so now seems a good time for integrating the first
round of patches.

I currently have over 120 patches against all parts of the source tree.
The patches include

- minor cleanups; such as typos, fixed compiler warning, etc.;
- support for on-screen drawables on X11 and win32;
- support for multiple targets in the binary; and
- API cleanups.

I had to drop support for color-index rendering and off-screen pixmaps,
due to shortcomings in GTK+ 3. However, I'll re-add pixmap support for
windows of type GDK_WINDOW_OFFSCREEN. I also removed the extension
interface to ease the conversion to GTK+ 3. I don't have a Macintosh, so
I cannot do the port of the quartz target.

How do you prefer to receive these patches? Is there anything
controversial that should be discussed first?

Regards
Thomas

--
GnuPG: http://tdz.users.sourceforge.net/tdz.asc
Fingerprint: 16FF F599 82F8 E5AA 18C6 5220 D9DA D7D4 4EF1 DF08

jsapigen - A free glue-code generator for Mozilla SpiderMonkey. See
http://jsapigen.sourceforge.net for more information.